Apple always come with a lot of surprises for us and we have seen several beta versions of iOS 5, but at their Let’s Talk iPhone media event Apple has finally released the iOS 5 Gold Master final and is available to download below.Before this final iOS 5 GM release, Apple Seeded 7 beta versions of iOS 5 that is upto iOS 5 beta 7 in a couple of past months. This iOS 5 GM Release is available for developers only this time and for non-developers, it is available on 12th October. As we have informed you about each and every single updates for all the iOS 5 beta versions, so here below is a list of all of them with their release dates.
Here’s the history of the released bits of iOS 5:
Apple has released 7 beta versions of iOS 5 that unveiled most of the new features of the revolutionary iOS 5 firmware.
- iOS 5.0 beta 1 on June 6th
- iOS 5.0 beta 2 on June 24th
- iOS 5.0 beta 3 on July 11th
- iOS 5.0 beta 4 on July 22th
- iOS 5.0 beta 5 on August 6th
- iOS 5.0 beta 6 on August 19th
- iOS 5.0 beta 7 on August 51st
iOS 5 Goldmaster Supported Devices
- iPhone 4(GSM + CDMA)
- iPad 2 (GSM + CDMA)
- iphone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPad 2
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
iOS 5 GM Key Features:
- Users can use any Apple ID as long as it is a full email address and not a MobileMe account.
- AV Foundation adds support for video playback via AirPlay
- The NSNetService class and CFNetService APIs do no include P2P interfaces by default.
- In the iOS 5 development tools, it is possible to extract APIs used by an application and have them checked for use of private APIs
- Apple TV Software beta is being provided to test the latest AirPlay functionality with your iOS 5 apps and web sites.
- Automatic Reference Counting: In Xcode, if the configuration is set to Device and there is a space in the path of one of the source files.
- On applications linked against the iOS 5 SDK, scroll view content offsets will no longer be rounded to integral pixels during a pinch gesture
- Match data for turn-based matches is limited to 4 KB on GameKIT
- Backups made via iCloud Backup prior to September 22nd are no longer available
- In the iCloud key-value store, the maximum number of keys has been raised to 256
- The setSortDescriptors: method of NSMetadataQuery is not supported
- In iOS 5, files that are protected via Data Protection cannot be used with iCloud Storage APIs
- The version of iTunes that comes with the GM release cannot sync devices that have the beta 7 software installed.
- Music Player app crashes issue has been fixed
- The signing of certificates with MD5 signatures is not supported.
- Push and local notifications for apps appear in the new Notification Center in iOS 5.
- Some UI Automation enhancements
- The WebKit framework has been updated to a version which closely matches the engine used by Safari 5.1 on the Desktop
- Wireless syncing is triggered automatically when the device is connected to power and on the same network as the paired computer.
Please note that this iOS 5 Gold Master update is not an Over-the-air update, they must use one of the recent developer betas of iTunes from the past two months and they should start testing their apps immediately as per the new iOS compatibility.
In order to be able to sync devices running iOS 5 Gold Master, however, you must first install the latest version of iTunes 10.5, which is also available from Apple’s developer site.
Developer: Apple Inc.
A family of operating systems: OS X/Darwin/NeXTSTEP/BSD
Source code: Private (with free components)
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Firmware Version: 5.0 GM / 9A334
Update method: With iTunes 10.5 beta 9
Compatible Devices: iPhone 3GS/4/4Verizon; iPod Touch 3G/4G; iPad / iPad 2
Click here to Download iOS 5 GM Version from FileSonic or Wupload in Parts :