Finally, Apple has updated MAC OS X 10.6.8 to download for free on their official site.This Mac OS X v10.6.8 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Safety Steps Before Installation Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update
1. )You should backup your system using the Apple’s Time Machine.Read more here about it.
2.) Don’t interrupt the installation, just sit relax once it gets started.
3.) You can manually update it if you want to install it on other computer.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Features Overview
- Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolve an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Improve support for IPv6.
- Improve VPN reliability.
- Identify and remove known variants of Mac Defender.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4561.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Direct links for the various downloads on Apple’s support pages include:
- Server Admin Tools 10.6.8 (255.9 MB)