Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.6 Untethered – GreenPoison RC 5.4 Tutorial
Early adopters can PWN their device for life according to Dev Team , before Apple releases a patch to fix the situation.
Please Note that Greenpoison RC5 Beta 4 is a beta release of 4.2.6 Jailbreak that worked successfully on initial tests. This version of Greenpoison may have several bugs and problems which needs to be fixed as Greenpoison RC6 is released by the end of this week.
The following tutorial works on both Mac Windows PC . The Mac version will be identical as the steps mentioned below .
Jailbreak Verizon Iphone 4 using Greenpoison RC5 Beta 4 :
- Download Greenpoison RC5 B4 from here [Direct Link] [Mirror] and unzip on your desktop
- Now connect your Verizon iPhone 4 to your PC and turn it off .
- Greenpoison will ask you to put your device on DFU Mode .
- Follow the instructions and hold your Home and Sleep buttons as shown in the screen. This will untether your Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 . After the process is completed , look for loader icon on your home screen. Launch it and install Cydia as shown below.
- Cydia will now start downloading. Make sure you have proper data connection . You may experience failure in download and extraction if the load on Cydia Server is high . Wait for sometime and try again .