With Windows 7, life is so much easy because of its fast,user friendly features and improved user performance.It has really very cool tools and features.
I like the Snipping tool and Windows Media Center the most in windows 7.
With the default windows 7 partition application, now anyone can do partition to their hardrive.You can even shrink and extend the local disk drive(like C: , D: , F: ) spaces according to your suits and needs.
Though there are numerous application to make partitions in windows 7 like partition magic or bootmagic etc. but in this tutorial i will show you the partition of hardrive using the default windows 7 application.
Steps to Extend,Shrink or make a Partition in Windows 7
1. Open Start and search for Computer Management.
2. Click to open Computer Management which will be like below.
3. Now open Storage and then click on Disk Management. Though you can search directly the disk Management in Start Menu but we do this for another purpose.
Now you will be here :-
4. You will see the disk drives and once you right click on any drive you will find options for shrink,format,extend and managing the unallocated space i.e you can easily partition your HDD.
5. So the options are pretty clear as its very easy process but takes a little bit time to complete.Since I dont have the unallocated space left thats why some of my options are hidden.
Just click on operation and then apply to save changes.
If you like this post then you should also read this:-