HTC Corporation, formerly High Tech Computer Corporation, is a Taiwanese manufacturer of smartphones. HTC is also a member of the Open Handset Alliance, a group of handset manufacturers and mobile network operators dedicated to the advancement of the Android mobile device platform. The enterprising folks over XDA Developers have work out to make the life of your HTC phones bit easier.
It comes with HTC Super Tool V3 which is supposed to root, S-OFF, and unlock the bootloader of many popular devices. I will mention some of the HTC devices like HTC Sensation, Evo Design 4G, Evo 4G, EVO 3D, Evo Shift, G2, MT3Gs, MT4G, MT4Gs, Inspire, HTC Sensation, Incredible, Wildfire S, and Amaze. This tool is developed by Frigid of XDA Developers Forum. Frigid said that it should also work on any HTC devices beacuse they all have similiar architecture. Today in this article, I will tell you that how to root htc phones using HTC Super Tool V3.
Disclaimer: We at www.fever18.com should not be responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
Why You should Root Your Android Phone ?
Though the rooting process will void your phone’s warranty, but imagine you buy a very costly device and you are unable to use it out of box just because it will void the warranty.
- There are several other apps for Android like Set CPU which are only available for rooted users.
- You can’t take a screenshot of your android phone anywhere very easily. Though its possible but its not an easy task for beginners.
- You can’t use The most popular custom ROM – CyanogenMod, if you have not rooted your android.
- You will get full freedom to access all the features and power of your android phone.
- You can enable WiFi and Bluetooth tethering if rooted.
- You can customize your android phone to a better look and interface with custom roms.
The benefits are endless and are not limited to these only. You just think all that stuff at least once and follow the tutorial below.
- HTC Phone
- USB Data Cable
Prime Requisites :
- Take Backup of your Android phone contacts, your apps and your accounts associated with it
- Make sure Your Android phone is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off during the rooting procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device, You can do this
Settings> Applications> Development
How To Root HTC Phones Using HTC Super Tool V3
Step 3 : Next step, extract it to new folder via Winzip/Winrar.
Step 4 : Connect your phone via USB Data cable and go to the extracted files.
Step 5 : Double click on SUPER TOOL to run the program.
Step 6 : Next you will see the menu, choose any procedure you want like rooting, unlock bootloader, attempt S-Off etc.
Congratulations! You now Knows how to Root, unlock bootloader and S-Off on your HTC Devices.