Samsung Galaxy Note is yet another amazing android smartphone by Korea Based company Samsung. The Speciality of Galaxy Note N7000 is that it is featured as the largest Screen Sized Smartphone having 5.3 inches HD Super Amoled Screen which made the smartphone a special identity in Android’s Phones Planet. Due to its screen size and length , we can say that Galaxy Note is very close to Tablet but it is not.
The rooting Procedure of Galaxy Note doesn’t requires any special attention and is quite simple. All the Steps are mentioned in the tutorial given below. But before proceeding, lets see the quick specs of Galaxy Note First.
Samsung Galaxy Note Quick Specifications :
The Samsung Galaxy Note will run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System and is powered by a Dual-core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, HSPA+/4G LTE, weight is 178g, 16 M colors, Gorilla Glass display, Touchwiz Uiv4.0, Multi touch input method, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto rotate, Touch sensitive controls, Proximity sensor for auto turn off and Gyroscope sensor. It features a stylus called the S.Pen and the stylus tucks into the bottom of the phone and can be used for variety of apps. It also has a 5.3 inch HD Super Amoled screen is the largest, highest quality display available in any phone. It also include features like 16GB/32GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, which can be increased with the microSD card slot upto 32 GB.
Please Note : Rooting your android phone will void your phone’s warranty in many cases. However, most rooting applications and methods can be easily reverted. Additionally, if the rooting process doesn’t complete correctly it could damage the software. This would require a factory restore.
However, it will not damage your device, if you followed all the steps very carefully. If you are completely a noob, then we suggest you to please take a backup of your android phone via titanium backup app for Android.
Why You should Root Your Android Phone ?
Though the rooting process will void your phone’s warranty, but imagine you buy a very costly device and you are unable to use it out of box just because it will void the warranty.
- There are several other apps for Android like Set CPU which are only available for rooted users.
- You can’t take a screenshot of your android phone anywhere very easily. Though its possible but its not an easy task for beginners.
- You can’t use The most popular custom ROM – CyanogenMod, if you have not rooted your android.
- You will get full freedom to access all the features and power of your android phone.
- You can enable WiFi and Bluetooth tethering if rooted.
- You can customize your android phone to a better look and interface with custom roms.
The benefits are endless and are not limited to these only. You just think all that stuff at least once and follow the tutorial below.
Prime Requisites :
- Take Backup of your Android phone contacts, your apps and your accounts associated with it.
- Download the required files.
- Make sure Your Android phone is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off during the rooting procedure.
- Make sure that data cable is properly connected.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note With ODIN :
Step 1 : Click here to Download the Required Files to Root Galaxy Note.
Step 2 : Unzip the downloaded file to your computer and there you will find a file named Odin3_v1.0.exe . Double click on this ODIN File to run the Tool.
Step 3 : Before using the tool, make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Smartphone. To do so Proceed,
Settings > Applications > Developement > USB Debugging
Step 4 : Now You need to start your smartphone in Boot Mode. To do this,
Simply, Turn off your Device First. Then, turn it On again by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and while holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now your device should enter download mode.
Step 5 : Connect Your Galaxy Note With your PC Using the Data Cable. Now the ODIN Tool will recognize your smartphone, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Step 6 : Next, click the PDA tab and search for the netchip-cwm-update2.tar file you extracted earlier and then click on the START button as shown above. This will start the rooting process of Galaxy Note.
Congracts !! You have successfully rooted your android and now its time to install CWM that is Custom Recovery Mod on Your Galaxy Note.
Steps To install custom recovery on Galaxy Note N 7000
- Click Here to Download the Custom Recovery Image and then connect your Smartphone to Your PC through the Data Cable.
- The file you have downloaded in the first step should be placed in the root of your Memory / SD card .
- Now remove the data cable and Turn off your Android phone.
- Now go to recovery mode by pressing the center button and Power the device.
- When your in recovery mode select install zip from SD Card and then search and select Superuser-3.0.6-efgh-signed.zip to install it.
- Once it’s Finished go back and reboot your device and You now have a Custom Recovery MOD installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.