In present days, the Android fans are increasing day by day due to its large number of great apps by several developers and Everyone wants to be the part of the Android community to try these apps and enjoy the latest technology and one of the most advanced operating system for mobiles.
Now Ice Cream Sandwich is the latest version of Android operating system introduced by Google. Basically Ice Cream Sandwich is the codename given to Version 4.0, so combining together it is also known as “Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich”.
As Ice Cream sandwich is the biggest and recent update, so it consists of many new and improved features with a impressive interface but there are some limitations too such as it doesn’t support flash and Facebook also.
Basically Ice Cream Sandwich is the type of desert in which the Vanilla Ice Cream is sandwiched between the two chocolate cookies so enjoy the flavor of chocolate and ice cream also. Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first Android Smartphone that supports Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. So the pleasure of working on Ice Cream Sandwich in Galaxy Nexus is nowhere on any other Smartphone.
New features of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich are:-
- Beautiful User interface
- Rich notifications
- Resizable widgets
- Improved browser
- Redesigned gallery with photo editor
- Easy multitasking
- Customizable home screens
- Supports native screenshot capture
- Improved text input and spell checking
Now we have pointed out all the important info about the latest android version i.e ICS Update and now we will introduce a very good tool for your Windows PC.
An Android Emulator is a tool that helps the users to replicates a typical interface to their desktop machine so that the users don’t need any actual mobile device while developing their applications. Emulator can be controlled by keyboard and mouse also.
Install the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Emulator on Windows:-
1. Firstly, choose the .zip file for Windows i.e. download the Android SDK.
2. Now extract the contents to a folder from the zip file on your computer desktop.
3. Then select and run “SDK Manager.exe” from the folder.
4. After that select the “Android 4.0 (API 14)” package and click on “Install Packages”.
5. A new Window will appear after the downloading of all the package components.
6. Now choose “accept” and click on “Install”.
7. A window will pop-up for asking to restart ADB then click on “Yes”.
8. Now select and run the “AVD Manager.exe” from the above folder.
9. Then click on “New” to create a new AVD and fill up the following details and in Target select the option of “Android 4.0”. After that select the desired skin and click on “Create AVD”.
10. Remember that set high parameters only if you have a powerful system because emulator consumes high CPU resources.
11. Finally select your AVD from the AVD Manager and then click on “Start” and launch it.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Emulator is installed in your Windows.
[button_round color="glossy-grey" url=""] Please read out our other interesting guides as well : [/button_round]