Pod2G has finally released the iOS 5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak and is now available to the Public too. This jailbreak untethers all A4 devices that are running the most recent version of Apple iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1.
The good news is that Pod2g gave the codes to both the iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team and both the teams the respective jailbreak Tools are updated to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered.
Good For Knowledge : 25 Most Wanted iOS 5 Supported Jailbreak Apps Reveiled
Now Switching over to the Topic, we have made a guide to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Using the Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for the users on Windows.First of all read out the Prime Requirements and see the Supported Devices :
iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Supported Devices
- iPhone 4 (GSM – CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G
- iPod touch 3G
- iPad 1
The More Spicy News is that the Hacker Pod2G is constantly working hard to release a Jailbreak for the A5 Devices that means the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2.
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
Required Downloads :
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Windows [from Here ].
- Download iOS 5.0.1 Stock Firmware and get iTunes from Here
Please Note : This procedure will cause you to upgrade your baseband potentially ruining your chances for an unlock.
Steps to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 on Windows
Step 1 : Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and restore it using the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file downloaded above.
STEP 2: Open Redsn0w you already downloaded, select “Extras” then “Select IPSW” and browse for the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file.
STEP 3: Now click on “Jailbreak” then “Install Cydia”.
STEP 4: You’ll need to follow the on-screen instructions to get your device into DFU mode.
If you don’t know how to put your iDevice into DFU Mode, then Follow the Steps Below :
- a.) Hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
- b.) Without releasing the power button, hold down the home button for 10 seconds.
- c.) Without releasing the home button, release the power button BUT KEEP holding the home button for 30 seconds.
STEP 5: Once done, your device will be rebooted and you’ll get a full untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1.
You can Also Check this Out : Download Spire From Cydia to Install Legal Siri Port on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G