The LG Optimus S LS670 is an affordable yet full featured Android Smartphone for Sprint and has been out for sometime now. The LG Optimus S has an attractive, slim profile with features that include GPS, EV-DO Rev.A, and Wi-Fi with tethering capabilities.The device could be considered one of those entry level Android smartphones. Today in this article, I will tell you that how to root LG Optimus S LS670.
LG Optimus S LS670 Specifications:
The LG Optimus S LS670 is a good smartphone and slower processor means that it doesn’t have Flash video in the browser. The LG Optimus S runs on Android 2.2 Froyo Operating system and is powered by 600 MHZ processor.
The LG Optimus S comes with 3.2 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display with the resolution of 320×480 pixels, support 256K colors and pixel density that is 180ppi. The phone packs with 3.15 megapixel rear camera and no secondary camera. Other features are microSD card slot upto 32 GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Wi-Fi hotspot, bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, microUSB, A-GPS support and social networking integration. The LG Optimus S has the battery life upto 1500 mAh battery.
Please Note : Rooting your android phone will void your phone’s warranty in many cases. However, most rooting applications and methods can be easily reverted. Additionally, if the rooting process doesn’t complete correctly it could damage the software. This would require a factory restore.
Disclaimer: We at www.fever18.com should not be responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
If you are confused that why you should root your android when it is voiding my phone’s warranty, then here are some great reasons to do this.
Why You should Root Your Android Phone ?
- There are several other apps for Android like Set CPU which are only available for rooted users.
- You can’t take a screenshot of your android phone anywhere very easily. Though its possible but its not an easy task for beginners.
- You can’t use The most popular custom ROM – CyanogenMod, if you have not rooted your android.
- You will get full freedom to access all the features and power of your android phone.
- You can enable WiFi and Bluetooth tethering if rooted.
- You can customize your android phone to a better look and interface with custom roms.
- The benefits are endless and are not limited to these only. You just think all that stuff at least once and follow the tutorial below.
Prime Requisites :
- Take Backup of your Android phone contacts, your apps and your accounts associated with it.
- Download the required files.
- Make sure Your Android phone is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off during the rooting procedure.
- Make sure that data cable is properly connected.
- Disable Anti Virus and other apps.
- Download And Install the .net Framework. Part of this utility software is needed by rooting application. Get the .net Framework from here.
- Visual C++ 2008 Redistribute Package Download
- You need a PC that runs on Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Fully charged battery before you perform the process.
Simple Steps To Root LG Optimus S LS670
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging mode on your device, You can do this
Settings> Applications> Development
Step 2: Download the rooting applications from here.
Step 3: Unzip the downloaded file to have access to the main rooting application.
Step 4: Download And Install the USB drivers from here. If you have successfully connected the device to your PC before, you don’t need to do this.
Step 5: Connect the device via USB data cable.
Step 6: Open the notifications window on the phone and make sure “USB Debugging connected” is listed under “Ongoing”.
Step 7: Go to the folder where you unzipped the rooting files. Open Gingersnap.exe and choose “Run as Administrator”.
Step 8: Click on Root button to complete the rooting process. And if you just came back here to Unroot the Optimus S.
Congracts! You have Rooted and Unrooted LG Optimus S LS670.
Please share this article on facebook or tweet about it on twitter or an alternate you can also subscribe to our RSS feeds just by entering the email address in the below field.
You can also check it:
- Update Android 4.0 ICS On HTC Desire Z Or T Mobile G2 [How To]
- Update Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 With Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDKT1 Firmware
- How to Update Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXKJ2 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro
- Simple Steps To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360