Finally we have: iOS 5 was officially released and can now be installed on iPhone 3G and iPhone 4. To connect the device to download iTunes and click on “Update”.WARNING: If you want to preserve the jailbreak, do not update. In this article we have summarized all the news of the new Apple operating system.Before summarizing all the news, i want you to first inform you about the various articles based on Mac and iphone, ipad and ipod touch including the jailbreak apps, tweets from popular hacker like musclenerd from iphone dev team and tips & tricks like how you can install the iOS 5 on your iDevice Safely.
Some Related Articles to iOS 5 and OS X Lion
- Download iTunes 10.5 for Windows and Mac OS X
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.5.1 for Developers
- Find My Friends App for iPhone 4S and iOS 5 is Available to Download
- Musclenerd Tweeted: You can Unlock iOS 5 Even iPad BB on 3GS
- Download Airport Utility to Manage Your WiFi Networks
- Download iOS 5 Final Release for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- How to Install and Update iOS 5 Firmware Safely
- Apple Releases OS X Lion 10.7.2 [Direct Download Links]
- 25 Most Wanted iOS 5 Supported Jailbreak Apps Reveiled
- Download TinyUmbrella 5.00.12 for Windows and Mac
- Download Mac OS X 10.7.2 GM Build 11C73
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM Using Redsn0w 0.9.9b3
- Download iOS 5 Gold Master IPSW for iPhone 4,3GS and iPad 2
- Please Note : This article is not written by Me or my Team, i have taken the excerpts from some of the very good trusted sources for informing our visitors the power of iOS 5 – The World’s Most Advanced Mobile Operating System. Basically, the purpose of this article is just to gather and assemble all the news article related to Apple Recent Media Event and other useful and important Updates.
Now iOS 5 Availability and Installation
iOS 5 is available for iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G/4G and iPad / iPad 2. The update is free to do so does not have to do is connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes and click Update. Once upgraded to iOS5, all recorded updates will be made directly from the device.If you are feeling a problem with the availability of download links and the installation of iOS 5, then i would like to read the Article Number 6 and 7.
The Full Official changelog Revealing All 200+ Features
This update contains more than 200 new features, including:
- Centralized view of the notifications with notifications Center flowing from the top of any screen
- New notifications briefly appear at the top of the screen
- Viewing notifications from the lock screen
- Direct transfer application scrolling right icon of the app notified lock screen
- Send and receive text messages, unlimited photos and videos with other users iOS 5
- Monitoring messages sent and received reading
- Group messages and secure encryption
- Operation of the cellular network and Wi-Fi *
- Automatic organization of subscriptions to magazines and newspapers on the home screen
- Display the cover of the latest number
- Background downloading of new numbers
- Synchronization with icloud, iCal and Outlook
- Location-based reminders when you leave or arrive in a position to iPhone and iPhone 4S 4
- Single access settings and send tweets directly from camera, Maps, Safari and YouTube
- Adding location to any tweet
- Viewing pictures Twitter profile and user names in Contacts
- Quick access to the camera on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G and iPod touch (4th Generation) by double-clicking the Home button when the device is the screen freezes
- Volume + button to take a picture
- Optional grid lines to align snapshots
- Zooming closer / away two fingers on the preview screen
- Scroll to the picture from the preview screen film
- Locking the focus and exposure by touching and holding. iPad 2 and iPod nano (4th generation) support only the exposure lock
- Improvements of the photos for devices with camera
- Cropping and Rotation
- Red Eye Removal
- Optimization with a single touch
- Organizing photos into albums
- Formatting text using font bold, italic or underlined
- Checking back
- Reorganization of names in the address fields by dragging
- Mark messages
- Indication of mass messages as marked, read or unread
- Customizing mail alerts
- S / MIME
- View Year and a new week view on iPad iPhone and iPod touch
- Creating an event with a twist
- View and add events attachments
- Using personal photos for the account Game Center
- Comparison of overall scores achieved by those of friends
- New friendships Game Center with the recommendations of friends and friends of friends
- Discovery of new games with tips custom games
- Pinch four or five fingers to return to the Home screen
- Scroll up to reveal the bar multitasking
- Scroll left and right to switch between applications
- Setting, enabling and configuring the device with Setup Assistant
- Software updates available over-the-air without connection to the computer
- Support icloud
- iTunes in the cloud
- Streaming photos
- Documents in the cloud
- Automatic download of applications and books and purchase history
- Contacts, Calendar and Mail
- Find My iPhone
- Music App redesigned specifically for the iPad
- Hourly weather forecast
- Real-time stock quotes
- Wireless synchronization with iTunes
- Improvements to the keyboard
- Keyboard divided by iPad
- Improved accuracy of automatic correction
- Input Chinese and Japanese improved
- New Emoji keyboard
- Personal dictionary for automatic correction
- Optionally create shortcuts for frequently used words
- Option Power Flash LED alerts for incoming calls and iPhone and iPhone 4S 4
- Customized pattern of vibration for incoming calls on iPhone
- New interface for the use of IOS with input devices for mobility impaired
- Option pronunciation of a text selection
- Assigning labels to custom items for VoiceOver
- Exchange ActiveSync Enhancements
- Wireless synchronization of activities
- Display messages as marked, read or unread
- Offline support improved
- Saving a new contact from a service GAL
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3G
- iPad 2
- iPod nano (4th generation)
- iPod nano (3rd generation)
The Most Important iOS 5 Key Updates
The Notification Center
The old notifications were modal and disruptive. Apple was actually pretty proud of the modal nature of notifications — a dialog box would pop up on screen without covering the main view (an app, the Springboard), thus allowing the user to keep seeing what was going behind the alert. This happens on the Mac every day: dialog boxes ask us to confirm file deletion, mounted DMGs — they even inform us of upcoming Calendar events. But on the Mac, alerts and dialog boxes aren’t really push notifications, and they’re easily dismissible or ignorable. Plus, iOS is not the Mac and, if anything, OS X had to learn a few things from its little iPad brother with Lion.
With this function you can send free messages, via internet, to other iDevice iOS 5.To send a message you do not have to do is open Messaging and select a contact, just as you normally would to send an SMS. Now, if the contact has an iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPad with IOS 5, write in the box it says “IMessage”: this means that you can send a message through free internet connection (WiFi or 3G), simply by writing the text and click Send. The SMS messages will be listed as normal, in the same screen of the contact, but their color is blue to distinguish them from their classic text.
Apple wanted to develop a new system of storage of all cataloged periodicals to which the user has subscribed: in this way, by opening the application Newsstand (Kiosk in Italian), we will have quick access to all journals to which we subscribe.Once available the new issue of a magazine, it will show up directly in Newstand.
Integration with Twitter
With iOS 5, Apple is officially acknowledging the existence of external social networks besides Ping and Apple ID (one of the authentication options for iOS 5′s iMessage) and the result is direct Twitter support, unveiled after much speculation at the WWDC in June, and now available inside Apple’s Settings app. Twitter integration in iOS 5, however, goes beyond a couple of preferences and options to tweak — it’s a systemwide framework that will allow developers to build “official” Twitter support in their apps, as well as let users forget about having to log in with Twitter every time they want to try a new Twitter app.
Safari Reader is a new button on the address bar that allows us to view only the text of a web page. The feature is designed primarily for those who focus on the text, losing interest in everything that is extra-textual. It will then be sent via e-mail the contents of what you are reading it directly.
Reminders With the user can create new notes in them also activating features, including geolocation, which will help to significantly improve productivity. It ‘can, for example, set an alarm that alerts the user when he is in a given position. In short, a sort of location-aware to-do.
Improvements In Safari, Camera, Photos, Mail, Calendar, Music & Video
Reader & Reading List
Taking some influence from the successful iPhone and iPad services Instapaper and Read It Later, Apple has introduced the features of Reading List and Reader into Safari on iOS 5. Reader is a feature where you can tell Safari to strip out all the unnecessary elements of a website and re-format the webpage into a reading-friendly view. Reader can be activated by simply tapping the Reader button located in the address bar of Safari, and on the iPhone it will fill the entire screen, whilst on the iPad it will darken the background and adjust Reader to an appropriate width for reading. An important point to note is that Reader does not work on every webpage – it only becomes available for webpages that would benefit from the Reader view.
Improved tabs on the iPad and background loading
A big complaint about Safari on the iPad was the way it dealt with multiple webpages and the lack of a proper tab system and a number of third party apps had cropped up to fill in this missing feature gap of Safari. Fortunately with iOS 5, the iPad now gets “proper” tabs that act in a very similar way to Safari, Chrome or Firefox on the desktop and you can now switch between tabs with just one tap. You can also move the tabs around, simply tap and drag the tab around.
Lock screen Camera
Over the years there have been a number of jailbreak tweaks that allow you to take a photo or video from the Lock screen of the iPhone and when Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 last year they also included the ability to use the camera right from the Lock screen. It’s a feature that I’d always hoped would come to iOS because it is so incredibly handy when considering how long it normally takes to unlock an iPhone (potentially entering a passcode), find the camera app, wait for it to initialise and eventually press the record/shutter button. Apple recognised this issue and with iOS 5 implemented a shortcut to the camera from the Lock screen.
Volume button shutter & new gestures
Apple also added a few very handy ‘gestures’ to the Camera app – the first is the ability to use the physical volume up button as the shutter/record button. It’s been a common request of users, particularly since the Camera+ app tried to implement the same feature last year. The second gesture is a swipe on the Camera screen to go to the Camera Roll: swipe the screen towards the right and you are launched straight into the camera roll. Finally, there is the “pinch to zoom” gesture which now works in the actual camera app and controls the digital zoom of the device’s camera.
Photo editing options
As happens with every major iOS update, Apple adds some features, nullifying the usefulness of third party apps that had previously been filling a feature gap. A big such feature in iOS 5 is the inclusion of basic photo editing tools from within the Camera and Photos apps. Simply tap the “Edit” button when viewing an image in the Camera Roll or Photos app and you have the option of using the Rotate, Enhance, Red-Eye and Crop tools. These are the common tools found in any basic photo editing tool and work as described, with little fuss.
Rich text options
Those that are heavy users of email on the iPhone and iPad will be happy to hear that with iOS 5 you now have some basic text formatting options. There is now the option of using bold, italicised and underlined text, as well as adding your own text that is embedded as a quote. These options are enabled by accessing the copy and paste pop-up and tapping the right arrow button.
Quick event creation
On iOS 5 you can simply tap and hold anywhere on your calendar to create an event and even adjust the times by adjusting the anchors (not shown in the screenshot), other details can then be entered in the pop-up that appears. It works fine on either the iPad or iPhone and will work in any of the Calendar views except the ‘Year’ view on the iPad. You can even move existing events by tapping and holding and then moving them to a new location.
UI changes and improvements:
- (iPad version) UI modified to match Lion’s iCal leather texture
- (iPad version) A new ‘Year’ view that highlights hotspots on your calendar
- (iPhone) Landscape ‘Week’ view
Music & Video
Creation of the music and videos app (formerly iPod) on the iPhone
With iOS 5, Apple has made things a little more consistent by splitting up the old ‘iPod’ app that used to be on the iPhone into the ‘Music’ and ‘Videos’ apps – just as it has been on the iPod touch and iPad for a number of years. This simply means that any video podcasts, movies or TV shows will now live in the Videos app, whilst everything else will continue to exist in the Music app.
If you liked this article, then help us by sharing this article on Facebook or by tweeting about it on Twitter and alternately, you can also subscribe to our Newsletter by entering your email address below.