Other than the Defy, Motorola doesn’t really have a good Android phone in the Indian Market, which is why other companies like Samsung and HTC completely taken over Nokia. The Motorola Fire XT is a middle range smartphone and one of the competitors of Samsung Galaxy ACE handset and its among the top best Android phone. Today, Motorola has rolled out Android 2.3.5 update to users in India. These udpate is available via Motorola software update tool can be downloaded from official website Motorola. This is the official firmware update for Motorola users provided by Motorola India. Today in this article, I will tell you that How To Update Motorola Fire XT To Android 2.3.5 Firmware Version.
Good For Knowledge: How To Install CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0 ICS On The Motorola Droid 3
Motorola Fire XT Quick Specs:
The Motorola Fire XT runs on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Operating system and it is powered by 800 MHZ CPU, Adreno 200 GPU and Qualcomm MSM7227T-1. The phone comes with 3.5 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display with the resolution of 320×480 pixels, and pixel density that is 165ppi.
The Motorola Fire XT packs with 5 megapixel camera LED flash with the resolution of 2592×1936 pixels and VGA secondary camera. Other features are touch sensitive controls, Moto Switch UI, 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, microSD card slot upto 32 GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP and EDR, microUSB 2.0, Stereo FM radio with RDS, A-GPS support and SNS integration. The Motorola Fire XT has the battery life upto 1540 mAh battery.
Improvement And Enhancements
- Battery life improves
- Fixes minor bugs as found by developers from Android 2.3.4
- Shadow Animation for list scrolling
- Camera Software enhancements
- Improves Gmail application
Disclaimer: We at www.fever18.com should not be responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
Prime Requisites :
- Please note that all the data which is present in your device needs to backed up as it will lost during the firmware and this is an official firmware update.
- Disable Anti virus and other apps.
- Make sure Your Android device is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off.
- This software will verify your phone warranty prior to the update
How To Update Motorola Fire XT To Android 2.3.5 Firmware Version:
Step 1: Download Motorola Software update tool from here.
Step 2: Connect the device via USB data cable.
Step 3: The software will recognize your phone and your device will appear on the left showing the status as “Phone is connected”.
Step 4: Then you will see the new software update notification and to update it click on Next button.
Step 5: When you click on Next button, the update process will begin and you will see the percentage bar displaying the process of the firmware update.
Step 6: Once the update is done, the phone will automatically start.
Step 7: Check your firmware version by going to Menu> Settings> About Phone and you will find the version of Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware. If not applied, repeat the process again.
Congracts! You have successfully Updated Motorola Fire XT To Android 2.3.5 Firmware Version.
You can also check it:
- How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 On The Dell Streak 7
- 5 Steps to Root Motorola Droid RAZR Running Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- Root Samsung Galaxy S On XXJVU 2.3.6 Firmware and Also Install CWM
- How To Install Android 4.0.3 ICS On Samsung Nexus S 4G