The Samsung Galaxy S is an Android smartphone that was announced by Samsung. There is yet another firmware update 4.0.3 for the owners of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. This new firmware build is one of many updates after the previous builds, build 5, 8, 10, 13 and lastly 14. This is not an official firmware release by Samsung and there is no date when an official firmware update will be rolling out. Today in this article, I will tell you that How To Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 With Android 4.0.3 ICS Build 15 Firmware.
Note: This is not an full fledged version and it is a test version. This version of ICS is not an Official version of firmware release by Samsung and is developed by third party developer.
Good For Knowledge: How To Install Android 4.0 ICS Build 14 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
Disclaimer: We at www.fever18.com should not be responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
Prime Requisites :
- Take Backup of your Android phone contacts, your apps and your accounts associated with it.
- Make sure Your Android phone is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off.
- Make sure that data cable is properly connected.
- Disable Anti virus and other tools in your computer.
Note: This update can only be applied to the devices whose phones have model number as I9100 and not even I9000B/ I9000T etc.
Things Not Work:
- Camera: Screen modes not supported
- Radio: FM radio
- Password Screen: unnecessarily gets data connection
- SD: cannot format
- SMS: Wrong forwarding sometimes
- Screen Off: Transfer speed slows down
- Gallery: FCs face glow
- Screenshot: Sound
- Camera: Crashes on resolution change, no focus mode
- TV Out: Hw-Decoding
- Slim Toolkit
- Back Camera: recording geotagging
- Google Maps v6: Compass
- Dial: 0001 in some region
- Build 15 Regression: Superuser application crash
- USB: Slow
- Boot Animation: Bootloop after disabling animation
Features Of Android 4.0.3 ICS Build 15:
- MediaScanner: prevents new duplicate enteries
- Calls: Mute and unmute now working
- Settings: Uncustomizable notification power widgets works well
- Reboot: will reboot without going into recovery after crash
- WiFi: When screen off
- Screen flicker while turning off
Install Android 4.0.3 ICS Build 15 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
Step 1: Enable the USB Debugging Mode. The image below will show you exactly how you can enable it.
Just Head Over to Setting > Applications > Developement > USB Debugging
Note: You can check your firmware version by going to Settings> About Phone> Firmware version.
Step 4: Once downloaded, connect the device using USB data cable and copy the 4 files to your phone internal memory.
Step 5: Once copied, disconnect the device from computer and turn off the device and enter into recovery mode.
Step 6: The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up key + Menu Key + Power ON the device.
Step 7: In Recovery mode, select “ Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” so that it will clear the cache which is there in your device.
Step 8: In Recovery Mode, Navigate to “Install ZIP from SD card”, then selecting “ Choose ZIP from SD Card”. Locate and select the file for the ICS Android 4.0.3 build 15 package, Google Apps, Face Unlock and Google Apps Fixer feature package one after other in mentioned order.
Step 9: The update will take around 20 minuted to complete this update. Once done, you will taken back to recovery mode.
Step 10: In Recovery mode, selecting option of “Wipe data/factory reset” and “ Wipe Cache Partition”. This will clear all data from your device after which select “reboot system now”. This will reboot your phone.
Congracts! You have successfully Installed Android 4.0.3 ICS Build 15 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
You can also check it:
- Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 With Android 4.0.3 ICS RC 3.0 Firmware
- How To Install Android 4.0.1 ICS Build 13 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
- Install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 [How To]
- Root Samsung Galaxy S On XXJVU 2.3.6 Firmware and Also Install CWM