The Samsung Galaxy S is an Android smartphone that was announced by Samsung. As of January 2011, Samsung had sold 10 million Galaxy S phones globally.Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users has a good news that RC version of Ice Cream Sandwich has arrived and named as RC 3.0 Android 4.0.3 Firmware. This is not an official firmware version released by Samsung and very soon all new value pack will be pushed to all the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phones on the line of XXJVU firmware. The RC 3.0 firmware version doesn’t come with stability fixes and most of the features are fixed. Thanks to developers Paul Forde who has contributed in rolling out this Cosmic ICS custom ROM. Today in this article, I will tell you that how to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Android 4.0.3 ICS RC 3.0 firmware.
Good For Knowledge: How To Install Android 4.0.1 ICS Build 13 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100
Samsung Galaxy S Specifications:
The Samsung Galaxy S used the Samsung S5PC110 processor. This processor combined a 45 nm 1 GHZ ARM Cortex-A8 based CPU core with a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU made by Imagination Technologies which supported OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0and was capable of up to 20 million triangles per second. The CPU core, code-named “Hummingbird,” was co-developed by Samsung and Intrinsity. This processor was subsequently renamed to the Samsung Exynos 3110 in October 2011.
The Samsung Galaxy S has 512 MB of LPDDR1 RAM (Mobile DDR). Some variants also come with either 8 GB or 16 GB of OneNAND memory combined in a package-on-package stack with the processor. An external microSD card slot supports up to 32 GB of additional storage memory.It features a 4-inch 480×800 pixel Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, Wi-Fi connectivity, a 5-megapixel camera with a maximum resolution of 2560×1920 and, on select models, a front-facing 0.3 MP VGA camera (640×480) and runs on Android 2.1 but upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating system.
Things working on One Cosmic RC 3.0:
- Camera Works,
- FM Radio
- Face Unlock,
- Panorama Mode,
- Wireless tethering and Wired tethering works,
- Hardware acceleration works,
- Radio Interface Link works like Calls / Messages / Data,
- Touch Screen working,
- Contacts & Calendar sync,
- Android Market ,
- Both SD Cards working.
Change Log of RC 3.0:
Now using Platypus Kernel! (Thanks Zach!) -
- Fully implemented Live OC into Platypus Kernel (Get NS Tools from market) -
- Slow USB transfer speed FIXED -
- All sensors are now working perfectly -
- Videos will now save when stopping recording -
- 720p recording improved! -
- External SD corruption *SHOULD* be fixed -
- Camera now has Touch to Focus! -
- Camera Zoom now works -
- You can now choose the USB protocol (settings>storage>press menu>”USB computer connection”)-
Disclaimer: We at www.fever18.com should not be responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
Prime Requisites :
- Take Backup of your Android phone contacts, your apps and your accounts associated with it.
- Make sure Your Android phone is atleast 50% charged so that it can’t get switched off during the rooting procedure.
- Make sure that data cable is properly connected.
- Disable Anti virus and other apps.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 With Android 4.0.3 ICS RC 3.0 Firmware
Step 1: Before proceeding the steps, your phone must be rooted and it is running on the latest rooted XXJVU firmware.
Step 2: Once you have rooted your device, download Android 4.0.3 ICS RC 3.0 firmware from here and save it.
Step 3: Once you have downloaded, connect the phone via USB data cable and copy the file to your SD card.
Step 4: Enable USB Debugging mode on your device, You can do this
Settings> Applications> Development
Step 5: Disconnect the device from computer, turn off the phone and enter into recovery mode.
Step 6: The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume up key + OK button and holding both simultaneously press the Power button.
Step 7: In Recovery mode, select “ Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache in the device.
Step 8: In Recovery mode, Navigate to “Install zip from sd card” and then select “ Choose Zip from sd card” to select the ICS RC 3.0 zip file which you have placed in your phone.
Step 9: It will take 15 minutes for the update applied in the phone. In case the time exceeds 20 mins you need to take out the phone batter and reinsert it and reapply the process.
Step 10: Once the firmware has been updated, select the option “Reboot System Now” as to restart the phone. If reboot takes much time then dont worry this is the first boot of this firmware and will take time to start the phone.
Source [XDA Developers]
Congracts! You have successfully Updated Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 With Android 4.0.3 ICS RC 3.0 Firmware.
You Can also check it:
- Download And Install Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM on HTC Evo 4G
- How To Root Asus Transformer Prime Running Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- How To Update Android 4.0.1 ICS Firmware On The Nook Color
- Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 On ICS Android 4.0.3 XXKPA Firmware [How To]
- Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT i9100 With Android 4.0.3 ICS XXKPA Firmware